Thanks to a series of bold projects and a £1bn regeneration programme, Stockport has become one of Greater Manchester’s most exciting boroughs. Perceptions are shifting, and it’s an increasingly attractive location for businesses and residents alike. How can the town build on the progress made so far?
Insider’s Online Forum will consider how the town can maintain the momentum, while providing an update on the major schemes and signposting the opportunities for investment. We’ll assemble a panel of experts from the public sector, private businesses and the property industry, asking:
- How is the town’s commercial and residential property offer evolving?
- What next for the town centre in a post-Covid, post-retail world?
- What infrastructure and public sector investment is needed to drive growth?
- What can other towns on a similar regeneration journey learn from Stockport?
- Covid has disrupted and reconfigured how we all live and work – what could the ramifications be for places like Stockport?